Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (Ghanaian)
Reports to: Project Field Manager, with technical oversight by Senior M&E Advisor
Location: Tamale, Ghana with travel to project sites
Start Date: April/May 2020
Agriteam Canada Consulting Ltd. is one of Canada’s leading international development firms. We provide management and technical expertise to promote sustainable growth. We are seeking an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer to be based in Tamale, Ghana, to work on a five-year project funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
The project entitled Empowering Women in Non-Traditional Trades for the Northern Economy project will enhance economic empowerment, well-being and inclusive growth for women in Ghana by enabling, training and empowering young women to participate in non-traditional trades that are essential for growth sectors of the economy. The proposed initiative will work with up to 9 TVET institutions, mostly located in the three northern regions, which suffer the most disadvantages both in terms of educational inequalities at the basic education level, and geographical inequalities in the distribution of skills training opportunities
The position will contribute to building a systematic and robust M&E system for the project based on the performance measurement framework (PMF), oversee data collection, analysis and reporting of the project. The position will work closely with the Senior MEL Advisor in Canada, and as part of a team with other program managers and directors. The position requires strong M&E technical expertise in education and the TVET sector.
The specific roles and responsibilities of the MEL Officer are:
- Support the development of the project’s performance management framework (PMF)
- Support M&E strategy development and work planning
- Support M&E system establishment, data management plans and coaching of other staff
- Manage the data collection and data entry process
- Support the design and implementation of data collection tools to be used for routine monitoring, data visualization and communication to a variety of stakeholders
- Prepare and provide program budget for MEL activities
- Contribute to M&E tool kit development for the collection, analysis and reporting of data and PMF indicators
- Contribute to the design and implementation of relevant quantitative and qualitative studies to assess program interventions; contribute to documenting best practices and lessons learned;
- Recruitment and training of any enumerators required for data collection of studies, if relevant
- Provide technical guidance to project staff members in the field on M&E systems
- Support learning initiatives and data interpretation processes for the utilization of findings in annual reports, communications and project design
- Support in work planning and annual reporting with a purview of utilization of findings and learning
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the development of performance measurement frameworks and supporting monitoring and evaluating systems for international development projects
- Experience in mixed methods (quantitative and qualitative)
- University degree in Evaluation, Social Sciences, Economics or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- Experience in developing and implementing M&E frameworks for a variety of donors, including Global Affairs Canada and other multilateral or UN agencies
- Familiarity with gender sensitive M&E
- Excellent facilitation and coaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a fast-moving team, willingness to contribute at different levels required to achieve success, self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Strong strategic analysis, organizational skills, detail orientation, and timeliness of performance
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and letter of interest (maximum one page) outlining how their qualifications are aligned to the position to: email@example.com no later than March 30, 2020. Please use ‘MEL Officer WEE Ghana’ in the subject line.
Please note that CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a technical test.