Position: Senior Executive
Position Type: Permanent, full-time
Reporting To: President
Location: Calgary, AB, with occasional travel to Gatineau, QC and internationally
Agriteam Canada Consulting Ltd. provides management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, Agriteam has managed and implemented more than 350 projects and assignments in dozens of countries worldwide.
We are currently looking to expand our team with the addition of a Senior Executive to support the strategic direction and high-level operations of Agriteam.
Responsible for guiding the growth, business development, operations and other supporting activities of Agriteam. The position has profit/loss responsibility for the entire scope of Agriteam and directs the business through the establishment and achievement of short and longer-term objectives, plans and procedures.
- Responsible for leading, guiding and directing members of the Agriteam management team in business development, operations, and supporting services for international development operations globally.
- Develops and implements short- and long-term strategies to profitably develop and grow the organization.
- Responsible for leading business development and driving significant business growth in Canada and internationally, creating and consistently building turnover with UK, US and Australian governments and with the European Commission.
- Representing Agriteam in international development fora and developing a visible and leading personal presence in the supplier market place.
- Responsible for development and execution of annual business plans and budgets.
- Ensures that organizational policies, procedures and guidelines are established and uniformly understood and properly interpreted and administered throughout the organization.
- Ensures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local and national laws and regulations.
- Represents the company as appropriate in its relationship with clients, suppliers, government, agencies, bankers, professional and industry associations and other similar groups.
- Ensures operational compliance with all government and company requirements relating to occupational health and safety, safeguarding, supply chain, data protection and environmental management.
- Identification of acquisition or major projects within, or beyond, core business.
- Maintains and enhances the profile of the Company by developing and maintaining effective relationships with governments, unions, First Nations, municipalities, contractors, professional associations and other groups as appropriate.
- Responsible for the development and execution of human resource strategies that ensure the attraction, retention, motivation and engagement of key employees.
- Post-graduate and graduate qualifications in International Development, Public Administration, Management, Economics, Finance, International Relations or related field of study.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience providing executive direction and management and leading teams in an international organization.
- Experience of driving significant business growth both organically and through acquisition including management of business integration and dispersed international operations.
- Recent experience influencing and building strong working relationships at the highest levels with major donor clients including EU, DFID UK, USAID and DFAT Australia and track record of growing market share and creating market leading key supplier status.
- Experience of leading international development industry bodies and developing strong working relationships between governments and suppliers.
- Experience in large scale project capture and execution including managing partnerships and consortia with private sector, non-governmental and government organizations to deliver innovative solutions to public sector clients.
- Experience living, working and managing operations at scale overseas in emerging economies, fragile states and conflict zones.
- Exceptional skills in oral presentation and written communication, including enrolling and influencing stakeholders at the highest levels.
- Bilingual English/French and/or capability with languages in addition to English would be a strong asset.
Salary will be commensurate with applicant’s qualifications.
Agriteam’s employee benefits package includes extended medical insurance (domestic and international), Healthcare Spending Account, and Retirement Savings Plan contributions.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position name in the subject line of your email.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquiries please.
|Job Category||Senior Executive, Senior Management|