Project: Education and Institutional Capacity Development
Job Type: Advisor / Consultant
Reporting to: Senior MEL Advisor
Location: 107 Prom. Portage, Gatineau / remotely from home
Agriteam Canada Consulting Ltd. provides management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, Agriteam Canada Ltd. has managed and implemented more than 350 projects and assignments in dozens of countries worldwide. We have a global presence with Canadian offices in Calgary and Gatineau and field offices in Honduras, Peru, Colombia, Mongolia, Ukraine, Vietnam, South Sudan, Tanzania, Mali, and Ethiopia.
Summary of Position
We are seeking an experienced French-speaking Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor/Consultant who will contribute to building systematic and robust M&E systems for an upcoming education project in West Africa (Mali or Burkina Faso) funded by Global Affairs Canada.
The opportunity would initially be for up to 160 days over five years, however as new projects arise, additional support may be required. The position can be done remotely from the consultant’s home base; however, preference is for candidates located in Ottawa/Gatineau. The position will report technically to the Senior MEL Advisor and work as part of a team with the project director and other program staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
Monitoring, Evaluation and Performance Measurement
- Contribute to the development/validation of the project’s performance measurement framework and monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy.
- Develop evaluation methodology, assessment design, tools/protocols, and implement key qualitative and quantitative assessments or surveys.
- Contribute to developing tools for managing monitoring and evaluation data in order to visualize and communicate results to multiple stakeholders and donors.
- Provide in-country and virtual technical guidance to monitoring and evaluation teams in the field including guidance to the team leaders and staff on M&E systems and resourcing for MEL.
- Support analysis and processing of data.
- Support learning initiatives and data interpretation processes for the utilization of findings in annual reports, communications and project design.
- Support in work planning and annual reporting with a purview of utilization of findings and learning.
- A Master’s Degree (M.A) in Evaluation, Social Sciences, Economics or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation in development projects, and the development of performance measurement. frameworks and monitoring and evaluating systems.
- Experience in design of mixed methods studies and assessment, tool design, analysis and results-based reporting.
- Highly experienced in results-based management and operationalization of RBM.
- Experience in the design and implementation of M&E in the education sector, and for a variety of donors, specifically Global Affairs Canada.
- Must be fluent in French and English.
- Excellent facilitation and coaching skills and ability to coach staff virtually.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a fast-moving team, self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Strong strategic analysis, organizational skills, detail orientation, and timeliness of performance.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
For interested applicants, please submit a copy of your CV and 1 page letter of interest to email@example.com with the subject line of “Bilingual Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Consultant and Advisor”, by January 31, 2020.
Agriteam Canada offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to complete a technical test during the interview process. No telephone or email enquires please.