Position Type: Permanent, full-time
Job Region: Calgary, Alberta
Agriteam Canada Consulting Ltd. is a private Canadian company which provides a wide range of services in international development. Over the past 33 years, Agriteam has managed and implemented more than 300 projects and assignments in dozens of countries worldwide.
We are currently inviting applications for the position of a Junior Finance Officer and Administrator. This position will include split duties: office administration duties and supporting the finance team. The successful candidate will report to the Office Manager and Finance Manager.
Junior Finance Officer
- Audit expense reports in accordance with Government of Canada regulations
- Prepare field office reconciliations (auditing field office expense vouchers, summarizing financial information and reconciling ending balances)
- Prepare monthly detailed invoices to clients
- Maintain project budgets, and preparation of financial reports
- Peer audit the work of other members of the finance team
- Support accounts payable and other corporate accounting functions as needed
- Other duties, as required
- Answer all incoming calls and handle callers’ inquiries whenever possible
- Greet, assist and direct visitors
- Arrange all outgoing and incoming mail and courier packages
- Assist in the preparation of meetings and conference calls
- Maintain an inventory of office and kitchen supplies; ordering of business cards, letterhead, etc.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment (fax, photocopiers, etc)
- Maintain the general filing system of office equipment maintenance agreements and warranties
- Tidy and maintain reception and general office areas
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word and Outlook, and a high level of proficiency in Excel (creating and formatting publishable-quality spreadsheets)
- Understanding of basic accounting/financial management concepts
- Highly organized with proven ability to work efficiently and independently
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Open to giving and receiving feedback as part of the peer auditing process
- A team player, willing to collaborate
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals from various cultural backgrounds
- Ability to multi-task and complete submissions of work under strict deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently with limited supervision
- French language proficiency would also be considered an asset
Agriteam Canada offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and a convenient office location.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquiries please.
|Job Category||Administrative, Finance|