Position: Deputy Project Manager and Gender Advisor – Governance and Reform Program
Position Type: Full-Time, one year renewable
Reporting to: Project Director
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Employment Conditions: Applicant must be a Canadian citizen or entitled to work in Canada.
Agriteam Canada Consulting Ltd. provides management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, Agriteam has managed and implemented more than 350 projects and assignments in dozens of countries worldwide.
Summary of Project
Agriteam is currently hiring an experienced development professional to be deployed as Deputy Project Manager and Gender Advisor for an Agriteam project in Ukraine. The Deputy Project Manager and Gender Advisor will be accountable for supporting Agriteam’s field team in the successful implementation of a project in Ukraine supporting government reforms, with focus on staff, financial and implementation management.
The Deputy Project Manager will oversee financial and risk management, ensure compliance, support monitoring, evaluation and learning activities, and oversee work planning processes with in-country team. The Deputy Project Manager requires strong people and process management skill, as well as the ability to conceptualize project process in the context of the parameters of Global Affairs Canada and specifically the Feminist International Assistance Policy and Gender Based Analysis Plus, both of which form key components of the project.
- Master degree or equivalent in international development, social sciences, law/human rights law, public administration or other relevant field.
- English; Ukrainian language an asset.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing projects in international development contexts, preferably for Global Affairs Canada.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience working as a trainer or technical adviser at a senior advisory level, with particular experience in governance, public administration and/or advising on gender equality.
- Seven (5) or more years of experience in designing training and capacity building programmes in accordance with Results Based Management principles (RBM) and with strong gender equality components.
- Five (5) or more years of experience providing assessment and analysis of gender equality within the context of complex projects, preferably for Global Affairs Canada.
- Five (5) or more years of experience working with senior government officials and international organizations/donors.
- Proven experience obtaining results on time and on budget.
- Solid understanding of democratic development challenges from a high level, and experience in working with senior levels of national governance and with the senior civil service.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – spoken and written.
- Team player, focused on mobilizing and leveraging capacities and interests towards project outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Feminist International Assistance Policy (FIAP) and providing effective support/reporting on the gender equality components of the project.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV (6 page max) to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the position title in your subject line.
Agriteam Canada offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquires please.