Position Type: Permanent, full-time
Reporting to: Business Development Manager
Agriteam Canada Consulting Ltd. provides management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, Agriteam has managed and implemented more than 350 projects and assignments in dozens of countries worldwide. We currently have contracts with Global Affairs Canada, the World Bank, the UK government, the European Union, among others.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Framework Manager leads the development of bids under Agriteam’s portfolio of donor Framework Agreements and Supply Arrangements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the rapid response call down/bid development processes, including providing oversight and guidance to partnership and team development, commercial and technical bid development, pricing strategy, research and planning of lead development,
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with Agriteam’s consortium partners and consultants to respond effectively and efficiently to rapid response call-downs,
- Oversee recruitment of technical personnel as required,
- Provide updates and analysis to senior management team on progress related to specific bids and the frameworks/supply arrangements in general,
- Support the development of BD communications materials related to successful call-downs,
- Network and liaise with potential partners, technical consultants, and other stakeholders,
- Support technical teams in the timely development of high-quality bids,
- Support the BD team as required,
- Contribute to Agriteam’s general strategic planning, knowledge and systems management, operations, knowledge product development, and development of policies, procedures, tools and systems.
- Master’s-level degree in a relevant area such as international development or social sciences is required or the equivalent combined education and experience.
- A minimum of 7 years’ work of progressively senior roles in program management and/or business development is required, including 2 years’ experience in people leadership role(s). Work experience in the international development sector considered an asset.
- Research skills are required. Understanding of donor concepts and approaches is required. Understanding of capacity building concepts and approaches is strongly desired. Understanding of gender equality concepts and approaches is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience in the design of logical models and performance management frameworks/results-based management is required. Knowledge of donor reporting considered a strong asset.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are required. The ability to distill and simplify complex information to communicate for a wide variety of audiences is required.
- The ability to lead/coordinate complex processes is required, including planning and coordination.
- Strong listening and inter-personal communications skills are required. Facilitation skills considered a strong asset.
- Highly organized
- Flexible, adaptable, able to multi-task and works well under pressure
- Knowledge of data visualization/graphic design software and tools
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Familiarity with donor (DFID, GAC, etc) development projects, procedures and guidelines,
- Understanding of accounting/financial management
- Experience recruiting and managing recruitment processes
- Capacity to work effectively in a wide range of cultural and political settings
- Bilingual proficiency (French/English preferred)
Agriteam Canada offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV (6 page max) to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the position title in your subject line. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquires please.